Wednesday 7 December 2016

ODE TO A SUPREMO....

Ode to a Supremo….
AMMA…………I am neither your staunch follower nor a direct or indirect beneficiary of your political ransom. I am a simpleton loaded with my own personal burdens, worries, financial and familial constraints. But still a citizen very much puzzled with the unfolding of the APOLLO DRAMA. Shouldn’t I be puzzled on seeing thy 35 long years of political history laid to rest within hours less than a day? I don’t claim to have any knowledge about thy decades-long political career, the rightness and wrongness of your political pursuits, etc.
Dwelling on the baseline that you are one of the most formidable political figures in the frontier of Indian polity, I stand puzzled at the haste at which the climax of your political voyage staged on the sands of Marina yesterday. Never had I seen the swiftness at which the political machinery functioned as it did at the wake of your death drama. You are announced dead at 11.30PM, MLAs assemble in an hour, swearing of new CM takes place roughly in 120 minutes of the announcement with the ministers assigned well with their specific portfolios, the burial ground gets selected over night, the army vehicle gets imported from Delhi over night, the burial ceremony takes place with a premeditated perfection……oh god!!!! Thanks that I now know that the TN Govt or even the Indian Govt can act real swift. But a commoner as me is left with a doubt, were all these arrangements or atleast the instructions for the same well existed even before the announcement?????
To add fuel to our doubt, the tantrum, mayhem and lamentation that the high-profiled exhibited during your short stay at the neighboring state, didn’t reoccur in its meanest form at the wake of your death. This makes me curse myself for blaming you of ill-treating those without the least human dignity in the past. The show yesterday made it very clear that you were absolutely right in treating them the under dogs. Here I wonder, did you take pride in taming them knowing well that these jackals clad in domesticity might show their true color at the very closure of your eye lids for brief seconds? Or were you wrongly magnanimous in cladding a few street dogs into FORT WORTHY pets? I feel a surging anger towards two bitches that stole all limelight with their tantrums and flare up in the past succumbed to the steps under you without even the slightest growl yesterday.
With my limited knowledge of TN politics, I know you were a lioness. In the chess board of politics, you were never subdued by the local pawns, horses and elephants. You emerged always successful as the ship, reported sunk at haste, out of the cruelest tempest. So the final check mate should have surely come from the VERY LION, the king of the corporate jungle. The doubt here is, did the lion play directly on the board or was the checkmate administered to you by the lone family of werewolves that you breastfed? For I could see that a few werewolves that you exorcised with your absolute might sprung back to life and joined the herd at your death.
AMMA…..I know well that thy soul still hovers over the golden sands of Marina. I plead thee, let it whisper the answers for the doubts of this stupid simpleton.
·         the pregnant trucks strayed on the streets, the slaughter near the parallel iron rods, the brutal gifting of electricity to a village scapegoat, thy sudden wanting of H2O in Sep 22, pinking of Gandhi in Nov, the bi-elections that followed – are all these causally linked or casually scattered events in time?
·         Was your presence in machinery cluster for 75 long days necessary or necessitated?
·         I do long to place a bunch of blooms in thy memorial at the completion of thy death anniversary. AMMA…. Please do tell me the exact date when thy intellect lost the control of thy body?
·         AMMA….did you ever have a last wish??? If so was it in any way related to succession???
AMMA….. I am eager indeed to know the answers just out of the subtle curiosity of a simpleton. As said in your Rendezvous with Simi Garewal, if only you had one good soul that you could completely rely on, a perfect shoulder to lean to, might your life had better chapters than what it did now??.....I am clueless….please do enlighten.

I can very well realize the pangs of leading life thrust upon……May you rest in peace at least in thy life after….I salute thee, the irreplaceable Iron Lady of TamilNadu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment